The Shils Annual Awards Program recognizes organizations, programs, clinicians, executives, and other healthcare leaders for their significant positive impacts on the oral health of the public.
“Since we first conceived of these awards, they’ve prominently celebrated the innovators, big thinkers, and fearless entrepreneurs whose vision for our industry has shaped the oral health of so many. The honorees continue to exemplify Dr. Shils’s belief that the values of entrepreneurship and education create long-lasting and far-reaching impacts when carried into the public health sector.”– Steven W. Kess, President of the Dr. Edward B. Shils Entrepreneurial Fund’s Board of Directors.
Description of Awards:
Innovator Awards: This award is given to people and programs from across the health care community in recognition of their bold impact on the field and their respective communities. The categories include:
- The Shils -Meskin Award, our highest honor award, is given to those who have made outstanding contributions to dentistry or its allied sciences, and is named for two distinguished clinicians, researchers, and educators: Dr. Edward Shils and Dr. Larry Meskin.
- The Cohen-Volpe Award is given to those who made great innovative strides in the health care space and honors Dr. D. Walter Cohen and Dr. Anthony Volpe.
- Excellence in Industry
- Excellence in Community Service/NGO
- Excellence in Academic/Research
- The Special Recognition Award is given to individuals, organizations or programs that have made significant positive impacts on the dental community.
The Board of Directors seeks nominees from all parts of the dental community. We recognize that the dental industry, the academic community, dental clinicians and organized dentistry, and community-based organizations each have distinct and valuable resources to contribute to the advancement of the practice of dentistry and the delivery of oral health care to all people.
Shils Award Winners