2019 Shils Fund Annual Dental Student Competition
Calling All Oral Healthcare Innovators!
Grand Prize $2,000 / Second Place $1,500 / Third Place $1,000 / Fourth Place $500
Apply today to win a chance to compete at the Dr. Edward B. Shils Entrepreneurial Fund Dental Student Competition, featuring dental students vying to win funds for their start-up projects. If chosen to compete, you will have five to seven minutes to “pitch” your project to a panel of demanding dental industry judges. The event will take place on Wednesday, October 16 from 5:00-8:30PM at NYU College of Dentistry, 433 1st Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10010.
Competition Rules for Applicants / DEADLINE: October 7, 2019
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited U.S. or Canada university or college.
- Must be able to travel to New York City for the event.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, significant interest in social responsibility in the dental industry, and articulate goals.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be an innovative thinker.
- Must have a viable project.
- Must be able to justify how your project will improve:
- The treatment of patients related to oral healthcare
- Dental products or services
- Dental products or services within the oral healthcare education setting
- A unique dental industry related humanitarian program to improve oral health
In no more than 1,500 words create a document that includes your full name and contact details and a synopsis of your project. The project must target and or be designed to resolve a patient treatment challenge, a product or service challenge, a dental education challenge, OR is focused on a dental industry related humanitarian program. PowerPoint/video may be included. You must also include how your project is currently used or how it can be used in the future, and how it is different from what is available at this time.